Our CHIPSEAL process is the absolute best way to replace your parking lot. If your asphalt is beyond repair, there are 4 ways to replace the surface:
* Full asphalt replacement
* Asphalt overlay
* Mill & Pave
* Chipseal Paving
The most common methods are Mill & Pave and Chipseal. With Mill & Pave, the extra time and manpower needed to remove asphalt and haul it to the recycling center can drive up the cost. The "Chipseal" process can save you up to 20-30% or more because instead of removing the asphalt, we work with what is already there.
Here is the process:
* Remove all debris and vegetation from area
* Fix any and all potholes before proceeding with paving
* Apply a thick layer of asphalt tar to the parking lot
* Add a half inch of stone chips to the tar and roll into the existing asphalt
* Add 1.5" of fresh, 9.5b hotmix asphalt to the tar & chips and roll to a smooth surface
Mill & pave will mill out a couple of inches before putting back fresh asphalt. But how do we know the cracks in the parking lot are 2" or less? CHIPSEAL puts a strong barrier between the old and new surface.
Call Us Today! 704-661-6134